Angel Broking Review: All About The Brokerage House You Need To Know
Angel Broking Review, Brokerage Charges, Demat Account & more
Angel Broking belongs to the A-listers of brokerage houses. The company is a private type brokerage advisor. And, it’s been serving traders across the country for more than two decades. This right here is an article concerning Angel Broking’s review. We’ll use a survey we conducted anonymously to fetch the records of 1600 people. This data concerns Angel Broking’s customer review based on multiple parameters. So, you may expect an honest and unbiased report on the broker. We’ll elaborate Angel Broking’s charges for various services they provide. We’ll enlist their products and services in detail. We’ll help you understand the way in which they incur brokerage. We’ll explain their take on providing online and offline advisory. The article will then move on to the part where we’ll elaborate the steps to enroll as a trader with the broker. We’ll even enlist all the advantages and disadvantages of trading with Angel Broking. As a matter of fact, this article will explain everything there is to know about Angel Broking. So, stay calm and read through the entire article with patience.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
|Experience||9.0 / 10|
|Trading Platform||8.6 / 10|
|Product & Services||8.8 / 10|
|Brokerage Charges||9.5 / 10|
|Research||8.5 / 10|
|Overall Rating||8.88 / 10|
As mentioned earlier, we conducted an anonymous survey to fetch Angel Broking’s customer reviews. The chart above is an exact representation of that survey. As you can see, over 1600 people participated in the survey. And, here’s what they have to say about Angel Broking:
- They rate their experience while trading with the broker at 9.0/10.
- Their trading platforms are rated at 8.6/10 by their customers.
- Their products and services were rated at an average 8.8/10.
- Their brokerage charges were rated at 9.5/10 at an average.
- The customers rated Angel Broking’s research and advisory provision at 8.5/10.
- On the whole, Angel Broking reviews by their customers fetched 8.88/10.
The broker even received a full five star rating from their customers. And, we believe you won’t have a
different opinion by the time you end this article. So, go ahead and finish it up.
About Angel Broking: An Insight Into The Company
|Broker Type||Full Service Broker|
Angel Broking was a dream project of Dinesh Thakkar. It was incorporated with ROC Mumbai to be a full-service broker in 1987. And, ever since its incorporation, the brokerage firm has been providing traders across India with valuable services and advisory. They happen to be the members of some of the top exchanges. They’re registered member of BSE, NSE, MCX and even NCDEX. Their operations are based on retail stock trading pattern. And, three decades of ceaseless operation gives them an edge over their competitors. Furthermore, Angel Broking offers its services through a wide network of 8,500+ branches and franchises. This network is spread across a total of 1,000 cities. And, they claim to have served over a million clients so far. It even offers some outstanding trading platforms. And, Angel Broking mobile app is specifically adorned by the users. Provision of personalized services further adds up to their credibility. We’ll explain each of their products, services and platforms as we move forward. So, keep on going!
How Much Brokerage Does Angel Broking Impose On Clients?
|Brokerage Charge & Fees|
|Equity Delivery Trading||FREE|
|Equity Intraday Trading||Rs.20 per order|
|Commodity Options Trading||Rs.20 per order|
|Equity Futures Trading||Rs.20 per order|
|Equity Options Trading||Rs.20 per order|
|Currency Futures Trading||Rs.20 per order|
|Currency Options Trading||Rs.20 per order|
|Minimum Brokerage||Rs.20 per order|
|Demat AMC Charges||Free or Rs.300|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
|Margin Money||Rs.10,000 Minimum|
|Brokerage Calculator||Angel Broking Brokerage Calculator|
Angel Broking has a very distinctive way of levying brokerage. And, Angel Broking’s brokerage plans include imposing the exact same rate on provision of all of their services. The chart as presented above is an exact representation of how their brokerage module works. They happen to provide services related to Equity Delivery Trading for free. However, for the rest of their services, Angel Broking brokerage charges remain the same. They impose a charge worth Rs. 20 per trade for all other services. And, the list of these services includes Equity Intraday, Equity Futures, Equity Options, Currency Futures, Currency Options and Commodity Options trading. Although Angel Broking is a full-service broker, their brokerage plans resembles that of a discount broker. Needless to say, this format of brokerage incursion is very competitive. They do have a limit on the minimum brokerage per order. This value is limited to Rs. 20. They even incur a Demat AMC worth Rs. 300 per annum. And, their clients need to maintain their margin balance at a minimum of Rs. 10,000. This is the basic eligibility to use the broker’s trade exposure plans. Angel Broking’s brokerage charges do not apply to Trading AMC nonetheless. This means that their clients are allowed to use the trading platforms and benefits for as long as they seek without any charges.
Other Charges: List Of Charges Apart From Brokerage As Imposed By Angel Broking Broking
|Transaction Charges||0.00325% of Total Turnover|
|STT||0.0126% of Total Turnover|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.0002% of Total Turnover|
|Stamp Duty||Depends on State (very minimal)|
|GST||18% of (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
The aforementioned chart tells all about Angel Broking’s other charges. Other charges are compilation of various taxes as levied by brokerage firms. The list includes a total of 5 taxes. And, three of these are variables. We’re talking about STT or the Securities Transaction Tax. This particular tax is levied at a rate of 0.0126% on total turnover by Angel Broking. Then we have the Transaction Charges. These are levied at a rate of 0.00325% on total turnover. And, finally we have the Stamp Duty. This one varies from state to state. And, more often then not, it’s the least bothersome of all. There are tow other charges included within the list. These however, do not vary under any circumstance. We’re referring to SEBI Turnover Charge. This is always levied at 0.0002% on total turnover. And, then we have the GST. This is incurred at 18% on both brokerage and transaction charges.
All Charges Corresponding to Angel Broking Demat Account Opening
|Account Opening Fees|
|Account Opening Charges||Zero|
|Demat AMC Charges||Free or 300 per Annum|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
|Margin Money||Minimum 10,000|
|Offline to Online||Yes|
The chart above is a representation of Angel Broking’s account related charges. The broker is a registered Depository Participant of CDSL. This means that all your stocks are held up at the CDSL through Angel Broking. Moreover, Angel Broking Demat charges do not apply to account opening. This means that you don’t need to pay anything to get an Angel Broking Demat Account. Things are even same with Angel Broking Trading Charges. However, Angel Broking Demat AMC is levied at Rs. 300 per annum. There is no requirement for Angel Broking Trading AMC to be paid nonetheless. However, the traders are required to have a minimum Margin Balance worth Rs. 10,000. The broker even enables conversion of transactions from offline to online.
List Of Offers Provided By Angel Broking
|Free Demat Account||Yes|
|Free Trading Account||Yes|
|Discount on Brokerage||Yes|
|Trading Happy Hours||No|
|Flexible Brokerage Plans||Yes|
|1 Month Brokerage Free||No|
|Zero Brokerage for Loss Making Trades||No|
Angel Broking has an experience of over three decades. This means thy understand the need of their traders and investors. This also means that they know how to fetch in more traders and investors. And, they do so by granting a total of six offers. The chart above is an exact representation of this. And, it mentions Angel Broking Offers including Free Demat and Trading Accounts. It even mentions them granting Discount On Brokerage and Flexible Brokerage Plans. And, at last, it mentions about the provision of Holiday and Referral Offers.
Angel Broking Account Opening Procedure
We’ve already detailed you about Angel Broking’s Brokerage Charges. You even came to discover the details on Angel Broking’s Account Opening charges. So, it’s rather logical that we tell you how to open up an account with the broker next. So, here’s how:
- This is a fours step procedure, the first being the simplest. Anyway, you need to locate and click on a specific button. This button can be found right below this segment. And. It has an inscription ‘Open Account’ marked on top of it.
- The button redirects you to a whole new page upon being clicked. This page consists of a lead form. You must fill in the form with all relevant details. And, the next step will be to press on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You must verify every information you provide to the broker. And, for this you must submit a copy of certain documents along with the form. The list of these documents includes: –
- A copy of your passport sized photograph. This is needed to disclose your identity in the first place.
- A copy of your ADHAAR Card. This is needed to verify your identity, age and address.
- A copy of your bank account statement. This is needed to declare your economic status to the broker. Be sure to provide a copy that is recently updated.
- A coy of your PAN Card. This is needed to ensure you provide proper information concerning your economic status.
- You must wait after submitting the form and the aforementioned documents. At this step, you may except to receive a call from one of the broker’s representatives. The representative will guide you through any remaining formalities. He’ll even help you to get registered as a trader with the broker.
Reasons To Open Up An Account With Angel Broking
We explained the entire Angel Broking account opening process. But you must know the benefits before you get into doing that. So, here’s some lucrative ways in which trading with Angel Broking benefits you:
- They have an amazing brokerage model. In fact, it’s one of cheapest as compared to their competitors.
- They have an amazing inhouse team of expert analysts. This enables you to fetch a-grade research and advisory facilities.
- They have one of a kind Robo-Advisory-Engine called ARQ. The platform integrated machine learning and AI to fetch the best advisory for their clients.
List Of Products Offered By Angel Broking
Angel Broking’s products consist of a wide variety of financial instruments. In fact, they happen to have a little something for every one of their clients. The list includes trades across Equity, Commodity, Currency, Futures and Options. It even has products related to Mutual Funds and SIP.
List Of Services Offered By Angel Broking
|3 in 1 Acount||No|
|Trading Exposure||Upto 48 X|
Angel Broking’s service provision scenario is as wide as their products. The broker grants plethora of services ranging from Demat and Trading services to Intraday and IPO services. They even provide services pertaining to Stock Recommendations, Robo Advisory and even PMS. Moreover, they enable their clients to use upto 48x trade exposure. This is way higher than any of their competitors.
Research & Advisory Facilities As Provided By Angel Broking
|Research & Advisory|
|Company Stock Review||Yes|
|Daily Market Review||Yes|
Angel Broking is a full services broker. This means that they take research and advisory services rather seriously. However, Angel Broking advisory services should not be compared to other full service brokers. And, that’s because they are undoubtedly the best at it. They provide every single for of research and advisory you can comprehend. Their list of advisory services includes Fundamental, Research, Company and IPO Reports. They even provide these reports on Yearly, Monthly and Weekly basis. Moreover, they even grant Company Stock Review, Daily Market Review and Top Picks. And, to top that off, they even grant a Relationship Manager and Offline Advisory.
List Of Trading Leverage As Provided By Angel Broking
|Exposure / Leverage|
|Equity Delivery||Upto 8x|
|Equity Intraday||Upto 48x|
|Futures Delivery||Upto 20x|
|Futures intraday||Upto 60x|
|Options intraday||Upto 6x on Buy Ins and 60x on Sell Outs|
The chart above is an interesting one. It elaborates on Angel Broking’s exposure mandates. Trade exposure is a type of loan provided by certain brokerage houses. These loans enable the traders to buy or sell more than their actual affordability at a given moment. Anyway, the chart above distinguishes about the various trade exposures Angel Broking provides. The broker allows 8x exposure on Equity Delivery. It grants up to 20x and 60x on Futures Delivery and Futures Intraday respectively. Traders get an exposure of upto 48x on Equity Intraday. And, they even get upto 6x exposure on Options Intraday buy ins and upto 60x exposure on its sell outs.
List Of All Angel Broking Trading Platforms
|Desktop Platform – Windows||Yes|
|Desktop Platform – Mac||Yes|
|Desktop Browser Platform||Yes|
|Mobile Site Platform||No|
|Android App Platform||Yes|
|iOS App Platform||Yes|
|Windows App Platform||No|
|Other Mobile OS Platform||No|
|Real time Updates||Yes|
|Online MF Buy||Yes|
|Multi Account Management||Yes|
The list of Angel Broking platforms includes a total of five software. Each of them has different levels of compatibility. And, each of them is designed to serve a distinctive purpose. Anyway, here’s the list along with some of the features of the platforms: –
- Angel Broking Mobile Platform: This is one of the best mobile based trading applications available to Indian traders. The app can be found across both Google Play Store and Apple App Store with 3.9 and 3.7 out of 5 ratings respectively. It boasts some of the following features: –
- The app is enabled to provide personalized advisory. This feature analyses the risk profile of the user and suggests best practices to maintain a healthy portfolio.
- The app can showcase live streaming across multiple exchanges and indices. This enables the users to stay updated.
- The app comes with integrated online payment modules. This allows the users to transfer funds to and from 40 different banks with ease.
- The app can even be used to invest across mutual funds.
- The app comes handy while keeping a track of Equity and Mutual Funds portfolio.
- It can even be used to go through several research materials published by the broker.
- The app can be used for active trading on the go. This is even enhanced with integration of charts and over 40 different chart indicators.
- Angel Broking Desktop Based Trading Terminal: This platform is specifically designed for high end traders. Some of its major features include: –
- This platform enables the users to access and recall historical data. This includes to access to nearly 30 days of intraday trade and 20 years of long term trades.
- Simple user interface for better usability of the platform. This enables the users to easily get their hands on the platform and bring the best of it to their profit.
- The platform can easily be used to manage user portfolios with mere taps on the keyboard.
- Angel Broking Web Based Trading Platform: This one goes by the name of Angel Swift and has many interesting features. Some of the features include: –
- The platform is built to perform in low bandwidth signals. This enables the traders to continue their trades and investments even during time of data duress.
- It does not require to be installed on any computing device. In fact, it can be access through a number of web browsers including Chrome, Safari, Explorer, Fire Fox and Opera.
- The other two platforms by Angel Broking are Angel Eye and Angel Lite.
Customer Care Services By Angel Broking
|Toll Free Number||No|
Angel Broking’s Customer Care services are designed to satisfy even the toughest of their clients. The list of services includes 24*7 support through email and Angel Broking Customer Care Number 022-28 35 88 00. The broker enables online and offline trading through its 5 trading platforms, 180 dedicated branches and over 8,500 franchises. The broker does not provide Chat Based Support nonetheless.
Complaints Against Angel Broking
|Complaints (Last Year)|
|Lodged in BSE||128|
|Resolved in BSE||128|
|Lodged in NSE||196|
|Resolved in NSE||196|
Angel Broking is on the top for a reason. And, their dedication towards providing the best services prove
that even more. As you can see from the chart above, Angel Broking received a total of 324 complaints
in 2019. 128 of them were registered with BSE. And, 196 of them were registered with NSE. The broker
managed to resolve every single one of those complaints well within time.
Disadvantages Of Trading With Angel Broking
We’ve told you all about the advantages of trading with Angel Broking. However, we must admit that no broker is perfect. And, here are some shortcomings of trading with Angel Broking as well:
- They do not like to be very transparent about their charges. That is why they do not provide a brokerage calculator at all. And, irrespective of their flawless record, it is but a little worrisome.
We have tried to tell you everything there is about Angel Broking. We have told you how the incur brokerage. We’ve explained to you their account opening process. We’ve even elaborated all the advantages they have over their competitors. However, we do not want to impose anything on you. And, you’re free to choose whether you should be trading with them or not. However, in case you choose to trade with them, you may always fill up the form right here on this page for ease of access!
No IPO found
|Issuer Company||Exchange||Issue Open|
|Yes Bank Ltd FPO||BSE, NSE||Jul 15, 2020|
|Rossari Biotech Ltd IPO||BSE, NSE||Jul 13, 2020|
|Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) Rights Issue||BSE, NSE|
|Antony Waste Handling Cell Ltd IPO||BSE, NSE||Mar 4, 2020|
|SBI Cards and Payment Services Ltd IPO||BSE, NSE||Mar 2, 2020|
|ITI Ltd FPO||BSE, NSE||Jan 24, 2020|
|Prince Pipes and Fittings Ltd IPO||BSE, NSE||Dec 18, 2019|
|Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd IPO||BSE, NSE||Dec 2, 2019|
|CSB Bank Limited IPO||BSE, NSE||Nov 22, 2019|
|IRCTC Limited IPO||BSE, NSE||Sep 30, 2019|
|Issuer Company||Exchange||Issue Open|
|Billwin Industries Ltd IPO||BSE SME|
|Nirmitee Robotics India Ltd IPO||BSE SME||Mar 31, 2020|
|DJ Mediaprint & Logistics Ltd IPO||BSE SME||Mar 26, 2020|
|Laxmi Goldorna House Ltd IPO||NSE Emerge||Mar 20, 2020|
|Cospower Engineering Ltd IPO||BSE SME||Mar 17, 2020|
|RO Jewels Ltd IPO||BSE SME||Mar 12, 2020|
|SM Auto Stamping Ltd IPO||BSE SME||Mar 3, 2020|
|ICL Organic Dairy Products Ltd IPO||BSE SME||Jan 31, 2020|
|Chandra Bhagat Pharma Ltd IPO||BSE SME||Jan 31, 2020|
|Tranway Technologies Ltd IPO||BSE SME||Jan 27, 2020|